The Philippine Geomatics Symposium (PhilGEOS), organized by the University of the Philippines Department of Geodetic Engineering (UPDGE) and the University of the Philippines Training Center for Applied Geodesy and Photogrammetry (UPTCAGP), is an annual gathering of geospatial technology developers, researchers, professionals, users, and students. This PhilGEOS started in 2012.
The International Conference on Geoinformation Advances (GeoAdvances), started by the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Working Group II (ISPRS WG II) in 2012, is an annual conference to exchange about the latest development of new methodologies, algorithms, and application of geographic information.
For 2019, the PhilGEOS + GeoAdvances conference will be hosted by the UPDGE and UPTCAGP. The theme: Geomatics and Data Science: Towards Adaptive Management in a Changing World, recognizes the crucial role of managing the growing collection of big data, especially geospatial data, in working together to create platforms to discuss and jointly find solutions to the challenges posed by the rising global issues confronting all of us
Topics for discussion
- Emerging Issued and Challenges in Adaptive Management
- Spatial Data Sources and Acquisition Techniques
- Geodatabase and Spatial Data Handling
- Geospatial Data sharing and Data privacy issues
- Geospatial Data Analysis and Visualization
- Geospatial Data Science Applications in Natural Resource Management
- Geospatial Data Science in Climate Change Adaptation/DRRM
- Geospatial Data Science in Built Environment studies
PhilGEOS and GeoAdvances 2019 will be held on 14 – 15 November at the Auditorium of the National Museum in Manila, Philippines. This newly inaugurated Museum of National History will provide the backdrop to generate awareness of the Philippines’ awesome resources and the urgent need to protect its biodiversity
All researchers, academicians, scholars, and activists who are working on geospatial technologies are welcomed and invited to submit abstracts.